just bought a Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ukbobbyjo

just bought a Xantia

Post by ukbobbyjo »

just bought a Xantia svx m reg with 48k on the clock for £1300. its got electric everything and air con. not had a citroen before and i dont realy understand the rise and fall suspension. is it right that the more weight you carry the higher the setting should be?do you guys on heare think ive got a good deal.its a very smoth ride.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> its a very smoth ride <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
- seems you did in fact got a good deal then[8D][8D]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">is it right that the more weight you carry the higher the setting should be <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
- NO-NO [:0] - don't touch the height setting - unless under service conditions at standstill.
The height is adjusted AUTOMATICALLY - to any load condition - simply enjoy it - the most oustanding characteristic of a hydraulic Citroen [8D][8D][8D][;)][;)][;)]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

No! you leave the suspension where it is. The only time you move it is for maintenance There might just be the odd time when travelling over very bumpy ground, or through water that it could be raised. But then driving very slowly. Having said all that - it does the system good to be exercised now and again - moving the lever from high to low and back again, allowing the suspension to settle after each move. Use the search facility on these pages to read all about it.
Well done Anders - you just beat me to it!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

John -<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Well done Anders - you just beat me to it <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
-no-one beats no-one here [:D] - it's a free forum - the more different views on a topic - the better the answer for any Q submitter [;)]
- and a chance to learn more from other experienced owners/DIY'ers/pro's sticking around here [:p][:p]
SGould

Post by SGould »

Seems like excellent value. It goes to show that if your cambelt does go, there will be a high probablility that it is worth buying a new Xantia! (related to cambelt thread)
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

Yes i agree, my Xantia cost £600 and its a 1996 model with 88k miles and in pretty good nick, its cost me for a new belt and service 2 tyres,battery and new MOT when i bought it but still a good buy, not saying i would buy another if cambelt went but its worth considering nowadays.
xantia 1.8 16v
bx gti
bx tgd