Next! question - front axle vibration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Next! question - front axle vibration

Post by CitroJim »

aerodynamica wrote: Lower arm bushes 'appear' ok.
After eliminating just about everything else Graeme, it really only leaves those..Usually the 'P' bushes show they're gone by small (to begin with) splits in the rubber but the front ones can deteriorate without much indication at all, even the MOT man can find them OK but they can be bad enough to upset things.

Both are a right old pain to change, the front ones are best pressed out as the alternative - a cold chisel and a big hammer - is pretty much a rotten job...

As a last thought is there anyone around your way who can still do wheel balancing on the car? This will balance everything on the driveline then. I believe it's hard to find anyone who can do it nowadays due to 'elf and safety concerns over the machinery used...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MTND
My Cars: Xantia 1.9td sx early N reg 1995. owned 17 years!
Alfa Romeo 916 Spider 2005.
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017, Nearly done 300 miles

Post by MTND »

aerodynamica wrote:Nah Robert, sold them to a polish dude. Rockin ma Belfasts
Hi Graeme

There was a chap not sure of his name with a DS4 at the DSM that had 4 brand new steels, he was going to recycle them but if you're quick, Jim might know what his name was? :)

Mark
1995 Xantia 1.9 TD SX owned 17 years
Alfa Romeo 916 GTV Spider 2005
Ford Focus Titanium X 2017
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

MTND wrote:
aerodynamica wrote:Nah Robert, sold them to a polish dude. Rockin ma Belfasts
Hi Graeme

There was a chap not sure of his name with a DS4 at the DSM that had 4 brand new steels, he was going to recycle them but if you're quick, Jim might know what his name was? :)

Mark
No, sadly and unusually for me I didn't. Sorry :oops: I believe he's a CCC member so a quick post on the CCC forum might do the trick...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...