Citroen Dispatch Cam Belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dudarus1

Citroen Dispatch Cam Belt

Post by dudarus1 »

Thinking of changing the cambelt on our van and wanted to know how difficult it is on the 1.9 diesel engine. How do you lock the engine and cams. Also think the fuel pump timing may be out as the van seems to kangaroo when you put your foot all the way down on the throttle. have already de-catted and blanked egr and it has made it a little better but still kangaroos.

thanks in advance
Mobile Towbar Fitting Service In The Midlands
http://www.jninstallations.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheapest Prices Guaranteed
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Citroën Dispatch Cam Belt

Post by citroenxm »

Assuming you mean its the 1.9 NON Turbo NON Hdi engine??

The pump timing on the belt WONT be out, it only needs to be a tooth out and the engine will NOT start.

The 1.9d N/a is exactley the same idea as the old XUD... Lock and crank with a bolt behind the starter, and lock the Cam with a bolt through the cam to the head.. and two bolts in the injection pump..

The CAM bolt is in a different location to the XUD, more at 7pm rather then 4pm.

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
tommy309

Post by tommy309 »

They arent too difficult if you have done a few, but they have depending on model year etc an adjustable fuel pump pulley only or adjustable fuel pump pully and cam pulley, if its set even a little bit off it will bring the engine light on this used to be a common complaint after getting a timing belt fitted, the Dw8 engine which i think is the one you have has a tendancy to chew the timing belt and it often slips, which will make it very rattly although this is just diesel knock and 9 times out of ten it doesnt do much damage to valves or anything
ito

Post by ito »

Well, how longs a piece of string? Difficulty depends upon how many other timing belts you have done, if this is your first then it will take some time to get it right. Autodata book time for changing the belt is about 2.5 hours, removing the covers and getting it ready for changing will take the majority of time, the actual changing of the belt is quite easy and shouldnt take longer than about 20 minutes or so, you are fortunate that with the dispatch there is plenty of access room which makes life a bit easier. Again referring to the Autodata book, they have the best description of how to go about the job, so find someone who has a copy or buy one (phew,£80 ish) I would automatically replace the two idlers, might as well whilst you are there, also if its done a fair mileage its quite easy at this stage to replace the water pump at the same time - do so and you are fine for another 100K!