Classic Car Road Tax Exemption e-Petition

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Classic Car Road Tax Exemption e-Petition

Post by Deanxm »

The disaster of BPs was smallfry to clean up really when you look at the money they spend on oil field exploration alone, its a real eye opener.

Being from the lower end of the pay scale myself i have to agree im not sure what a pay increase is, which is fine, i do at least get paid and my job is stable which is more than can be said for a lot of people especialy as times are about to get hard, not much else that i can say there really, although i do think we expect too much, i for one dont have a smartphone or a games console or a big telly, i dont drink much and i have not been out since......... cxm, mainly because i just cant afford too, to buy xm bits i have to buy and sell on cars in my spare time but i enjoy it and thats the way life is, seeing a public sector worker striking because of their 'bad' pay and pensions package or somone surrounded by £3k worth of home electronics moan because they cant fuel the second car does annoy me greatly as its all stuff you dont need but then thats just my opinion.

Tax breaks for comercial use, well if that means my fuel is cheaper for work then yes please but i think we all have to remember a given amount of money is needed by the country and it can only come from us as private sector workers, either business takes the hit and they pass it onto us, or you take a higher percentage from higher earners in which case they all clear off and there is nobody for me to work for anymore (i would never employ me i cant afford it), if you put it on fuel and vat then everyone pays.

I have to be honest, i do sort of feel for Mr Cameron, he has a big dept that he wants to get the country out of but is shot down every way he tries to do it and im just as guilty, if he decided to put a 50% income tax on tight gits who dont contibute to the economy by buying PS3's, Iphones and new cars then i would be the guy at the front shouting the loudest believe me :lol:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Post by wotwot »

The thought of folk driving on the road tearing up the concrete and tarmac and not helping to pay for it seems just not right.
These older cars are only brought out for six months of the year (mostly).So trying to save £135 seems a bit futile,it probably costs more in paperwork to tax exempt them as well.So more wasted tax payers money.
"Look after the pennys and the pounds will look after themselves".
Last edited by wotwot on 11 Dec 2011, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

Right back on topic.
I'd edit that, if a mod see's it your out 8-[

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............