Updating ECU's with Lexia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mlkey

Updating ECU's with Lexia

Post by mlkey »

I am hoping someone can help with the following...

I have Lexia, both V45 and also diagtool 5.29. I want to update the engine ECU and got as far as selecting download from CD, but then can not seem to get any further. My question is are the ECU update files on the Lexia V45 CD or is there another CD which contains only the update files? I have the MM6LP engine ECU running version 0A02 software. I am led to believe 0302 is the latest software for this ECU, does anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

Mikey.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Updating ECU's with Lexia

Post by DickieG »

Some cars/ECU's accept updating easily but others don't for some inexplicable reason, however I've spoken to a number of Citroen Tech's (including a few at Citroen HQ in Slough) who uniformally state that you update ECU's at your peril as it's not uncommon for the procedure to fail for one reason or another with the consequence that the ECU become inoperable and then requires being replaced at great expense. Ultimately if there is a specific problem that the ECU update will remedy then I'd consider trying an update but if it's simply out of curiosity I'd leave well alone especially if the Lexia you're using is a clone.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
mlkey

Post by mlkey »

I have several issues, one is the wierd cold start at certain temperatures, for which there is an update. I do not do things for curiosity having been in the motor trade all my working life, including manufacturers and dealers.The software is cloned but the leads are the genuine article. What I really want to understand is whether the ECU updates are on the Lexia CD or are they to be found elsewhere?

Thanks.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

mlkey wrote:What I really want to understand is whether the ECU updates are on the Lexia CD or are they to be found elsewhere?
It is on my Lexia (genuine ex Citroen dealer) but I can't speak for cloned ones.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH