Xsara warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boxermeg
My Cars:

Xsara warning lights

Post by boxermeg »

2000 Xsara 2.0HDI, showing constant light for a door open and intermitant light for side airbag. Dealer suggested that airbag pre-tension wires need adjusting and door sensor needs replacing. Any suggestions on how to make this a diy rather than garage job? i.e is there a way of isolating which door is at fault??
cheers...............
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

side airbg warning light-there should be a 2 pin brown + a 2 pin green connector under each seat,the green one is for the side airbag,just cut out the connectors completely,solder & insulate the wires back together,its very important to get the wires the right way around.do both seats & the connectors for the pre tensioners (brown plug) at the same time.make sure you disconnect the battery for at least ten minutes first & leave it disconnected when doing the job.if you are not 100% confident about doing this job correctly then dont attempt it. Door open light-Open the doors one by one & disconnect the round connector at the door pillar when the light goes out youve found your faulty switch,remember it could also be the tailgate switch,im pretty sure the door open sensor is an integral part of the door latch which means you will have to buy the full latch.
boxermeg
My Cars:

Post by boxermeg »

cheers for the gen, had a quick look and it seems that someone has bodged the wiring under the seat in the past so I'll sort it next weekend.
Ta.........