Hydraflush and internal leaking problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Juliso35
My Cars:

Re: Hydraflush and internal leaking problems

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi Activa_Mike!!

Thank you for your interest!. At the moment I don't think I'll bother you with translations. Fortunately I read a lot this forum has taught proper language gradually. :wink: Also there is Google Translate that helps a lot!! So your wife is Colombian? congratulations .. Latin beauty is unmatched. Of course that English women are not far behind (Pippa) :oops: :-D

Your offer of shipping parts is more than welcome :-D :wink: Also... If you need something from Colombia, don't hesitate to say

Returning to the subject.

Citrojim wrote
On both ends you should be able to feel the suspension soft and then switch hard after 30 seconds. If all is good, on opening a door to put the suspension in soft mode again, both ends should go soft again even with no engine running.
I made the change for a stronger spring and things worked well while I was bouncing off the corners of the car. When the EV switching off, the hard state was activated but when I reopened the doors again, the EV's were reactivated but it wasn't possible to feel the soft mode again. It was necessary to restart the engine. Apparently there is no leak in soft mode and the spurt of leakage as the valves switches can be seen.

Anyway, I think the fault is detected. Thanks for your help!!! Tomorrow,.. I'll give a ride in the car and see how things go. If there are news, I'll come back here :wink: :-s

Regards
:D Image :D
Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Here we go again! :?

After I've done several tests with another springs types, I've found that the proper "gap" for the any new spring hardness is very small and difficult to hit. If it is a little bit harder, the EV keeps the hard state, if not, the leak reappears. :grr:

Is there a chance that the coil of the EV loses "magnetic power" over the time? Some have also suggested reviewing the settlement of the needle using a magnifying glass to see tiny damages. The naked eye can not see anything. If there is damage try using the same cream polish grinder that is used to set motor valves. What do you think? I'm not sure at all that the fault be only by this. :-k

Prices for new EV's in my country are around 490 euros each #-o

Regards
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

The hydractive electrovalve has a diode across the coil. If the diode is faulty then the electrovalve may not switch properly.
The supply to the electrovalve is 12 volts to start which switches the electovalve and then drops to 3 volts which is pulse modulated (square wave with 25% ratio) to hold the electrovalve in the switched state. So, the 3 volt square wave needs a good diode to dissipate the energy of the coil when it switches off. If the diode is faulty the electrovalve will not stay switched. The good news is that there is a diode mod which can easily be carried out.

Search this forum on 'diode' and you will see what needs to be done.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi all

Well.... Finally, after many tests, it seems I have a damaged electrovalve. Someone could tell me how much it cost a new one in UK? :( :(

Thanks in advance :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

They cost a lot of money :( Last time I looked around GBP150 and by now I'd expect more...

Best to find a scrap Xantia and recover one. Good second-hand ones in the UK are rare as they suffer terrible dis-similar metal corrosion between the alloy body and steel sphere block and end up leaking - like this one:

Here you can just see the green of the O ring poking through the corroded hexagon :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:They cost a lot of money :( Last time I looked around GBP150 and by now I'd expect more...

Best to find a scrap Xantia and recover one. Good second-hand ones in the UK are rare as they suffer terrible dis-similar metal corrosion between the alloy body and steel sphere block and end up leaking - like this one:

Here you can just see the green of the O ring poking through the corroded hexagon :twisted:
are so Jim is not the magic FAIRY he gets it out of a bottle going by that picy,
and i see the cuppa (or is that a cup of citro blood ) but were are the chocy bicy's,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

You know me Malcolm :wink: I must always have a good cup of tea on the go when I'm working :)

The Fairy bottle contains water for my soldering iron sponge.... It helps me make fairy good joints...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

have you fixed you DIS LEXIA yet Jim as mine is in a pile of bits still,

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:have you fixed you DIS LEXIA yet Jim as mine is in a pile of bits still,

regards malcolm
So is mine :cry:

I'm hoping over Christmas I'll get to have a look... What better to do on Christmas day than fix a Lexia? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
citronut wrote:have you fixed you DIS LEXIA yet Jim as mine is in a pile of bits still,

regards malcolm
So is mine :cry:

I'm hoping over Christmas I'll get to have a look... What better to do on Christmas day than fix a Lexia? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Xantia Heater Matrix?
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The heater matrix and box is in progress!!!! Except riht now I'm at the dentist.. Root Canal part 2...
Jim

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

have they got the BIIIIG tools out of the big red toolbox?
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:have they got the BIIIIG tools out of the big red toolbox?
, the lot
Yep, she got the full range of air tools out on me this time. Impact drivers, air chisels, die grinders, the lot...

All done now after a session on the hydraulic press.. I nearly fell asleep in the chair I was so relaxed...

Rattiva now has a fully working heater and fully lit dash... More on that later... Dinner calls...
Jim

Juliso35
My Cars:

Post by Juliso35 »

Hi

The issue has been a little diverted. Fortunately in Colombia never seen so rusty parts unless you bring your car into the beach :wink: There's no need of salty roads on winter :P . Anyway Thank you!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Juliso35 wrote: The issue has been a little diverted.
Sorry Juliso :oops: topics often drift very much off-topic on here. It's all part of the FCF :lol:

This one did well. Lexia diagnostic machines and my visit to the dentist...

I hope your search for a replacement electrovalve is successful!
Jim