Xantia vibration

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synth1983

Xantia vibration

Post by Synth1983 »

Hi there, new member here. I've just recently bought a Xantia HDi Exclusive estate, and been fairly impressed so far (coming from a 5 series BMW). The only problem I have found is above 70 mph there seems to be a constant vibration. Below 70mph it's very smooth. I thought it might be that the wheels needed balancing but the vibration is not coming through the steering wheel, more through the seat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia vibration

Post by DickieG »

Welcome to the forum, generally speaking if the vibration can be felt through the seats but not through the steering wheel then look towards the rear wheel's/tyres for the source, it could be tyres out of shape (lift wheel off the ground and spin the wheel) or simply the wheel being out of balance. The Exclusive wheels are a right pain in the proverbial as they don't have a centre hole so when it comes to balancing not many tyre centres either have the correct adaptor or the adaptor just doesn't balance correctly. A simple test is to swap the wheels around to see whether the vibration changes.

Great choice of car, I'm on my second one and swear by them, dirt cheap to run and very comfortable :-D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia vibration

Post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: Great choice of car
Seconded :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...