synergie over heating?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

synergie over heating?

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys. ive just had the diesel pump refurbed along with the cam belt/ water pump and tensioners replaced and since then the car tends to get hot pretty quick. usualy when its under load.......eg going up a steep bank or its sat in traffic for a while. ect ect.since ive had the car the temp light has never come on but since the above has been done some times it flickers on for a while then goes off and the temp gauge hits the 90 mark and just after.......when it hits the 90 mark and under load it loses power. at first i thought that they maybe a air lock in the radiator or sumit but the heaters are toasty hot so i cant be that can it? :? im thinking that the sensor that controlls the fan on the rad aint kicking in. any ideas where it is? cheers for the help guys. 8-)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: synergie over heating?

Post by Peter.N. »

Could be that the pump timing is retarded, that would make it down on power though, also it would be quieter than normal and will probably black smoke under load.

Peter
MPV

Post by MPV »

90 is ok, but keep an eye on it. Check your rad is not silted up!!

On the fuel filter housing there are two connectors for the temp sensor and fan control. Sometimes these will have a poor connection, making the car think it's over heating and all the lights come on. Squirt some WD40 on the contacts and see if the flashing lights go away. Mine normally sits at about 85 to 87 deg, but sometimes in hot weather it will go up to 92.
Synergie XUD9 - the "Duck-billed-clatterbus"
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers guys. i,ll have a look to see if i can see the temp sender. guna fit a new one anyways for peace of mind. :)