Xantia II PAS Hose Leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Xantia II PAS Hose Leak

Post by addo »

New one to me.

My feed hose is leaking where the flex crimps to the hardline just under my pressure regulator.

Without pulling it down, can anyone suggest if the hardline is likely failed, or just the crimped collar end of the flex hose?

Ta, Adam.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia II PAS Hose Leak

Post by CitroJim »

I've had that Adam and it was my own fault. I was under the car, heard the 'phone ring and hauled myself out in the semi-dark by grabbing hold of aforesaid hose :roll:

It thgen leaked but what I determined is that it's a double hose (one inside the other) and the inner breaks down unknowkingly and then the outer follows suit...

An investigation showed mine was well on the way before I did something silly with it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

this is quite common on pugs as the have a similar hose/pipe,

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Merci! So I can just have it remade with new flex by a local hose jockey?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, don't see why not Adam...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Fellow is going to have a crack at retubing it tomorrow morning. He seemed quite pleased the in and out wasn't his responsibility. :lol:

I guess we will then find out if it has a restrictor at the juncture.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: I guess we will then find out if it has a restrictor at the juncture.
Not as far as I know Adam although the inner diameter of the pipe is quite small, not much larger than the bore of the steel pipes. If the inner diameter is too big on the rubber section it can do strange things to the steering!

The rubber section also acts as a pulse damper. Make the inner too big and it fails in this role.
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

$150 (£97) later ( :shock: ), I have new flex line with a toughened outer weave. Hose bloke bumped the pump end fitting on the ground and marred its "bubble" - I polished this up with P800 and rinsed clean with solvent.

Upon inspection the old flex was both heavily abraded and cracked.

Of course being who I am, the wheel well had to be cleaned thoroughly with degreaser then truck wash. :roll: Huge amount of rubbish was hiding between splash shield and the trailing edge of the front guard.

More excitingly I finally got the back of a project car on the ground again (one of these in same colour with more rust) after a mega buck rebuild on the diff. It looks fat and low. :twisted: