110 diesel crankshaft pulley - Citroen C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

StevieOMG
My Cars:

110 diesel crankshaft pulley - Citroen C5

Post by StevieOMG »

I've noticed over the last couple of days a noise coming from the offide front engine area (sounds like a blowing exhaust) but the noise is only there on tickover. Research indicates that it is likely to be the crankshaft pulley - car has done 115K. Question is can I continue to drive until I get it replaced during the week and should I replace anything else at the same time - cambelt and waterpump were done at 86K.

Many thanks
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: 110 diesel crankshaft pulley - Citroën C5

Post by citroenxm »

It can also be the upper spring tensioner getting weak... A crank pully will be noisy at all engine speeds were as the tensioner is only noisy at idle... Have a look down from the top with the engine running and just behind below the PAS pump you will see the top tensioner... See is its bouncing like a rubber ball...

they are very simple to replace... One 6mm allen bolt in the centre and its off.. You may need to remove the top mount to lower the engine and gain improoved access..

If you can find the throttle house over to the right hidden behind the air cleaner lift the engine revs and it will stop rattleing or bouncing

paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto