synergie diesel pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

synergie diesel pump

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys 8-) well i finialy got round to getting the leaking fuel pump fixed but while the pump was in the shop the fitter asked me if i had been into the pump as according to him all the settings had been messed about with and wernt set to factory settings so therefore i was charged more to set it up and pressure test it............ while he was on the subject he said that the potentionmeter could not be set as it was faulty and i was advised to blank off the egr valve.the car now runs and starts great with no more morning priming of the fuel pump which is great but since i got the car back its more heavier on diesel now it,s been fixed than it was when it was leaking.my questions are........... is the two above things responsible for it hammering fuel? also there is a small gadget next to the expansion tank that looks like its had a vacume pipe attached to it but never has since ive owned the car..........is this supposed to be hooked up to the egr valve on the side of the pump and if so will it help with the fuel issue? cheers guys. 8-)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: synergie diesel pump

Post by Peter.N. »

Have you done an accurate brim to brim fuel test because if the performance is OK and its not emmitting black smoke it should be OK.

Peter
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

do you mean fill the tank peter? if so no i havent but i wouldnt of thought that would made a difference? :? there is a little smoke on start up but im putting that down to the glow plug timerbox been knackard n someone has added a relay and a button to opperate the glow plugs..........next on my list to fix lol :-D but the car starts fine this way for now.how long do the glow plugs stay on after the engine starts coz mine dont due to the botch this why its a little smokey on start up sometimes :) cheers peter 8-)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Most diesels with any mileage on them will smoke on start up so I wouldn't worry about that, but I am just questioning why if the performance is normal and it is not black smoking when being driven that the fuel consumption should have increased. I would do an accurate test on it to make sure, or does it have a fuel consumption computer?

Peter
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

no peter it dont. its p reg so it lacks the goodies like air con and trip computer lol
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

OK so the only accurate way of testing it is to brim the tank do some miles and then brim it again.

Peter
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

looks like thats my next test then. 8-)