Xantia Pressure Regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

blueboy2001

Xantia Pressure Regulator

Post by blueboy2001 »

Ever since I've had it my Xantia has made an awful hissing noise from the regulator, as opposed to the normal short click they should make. I've come to the conclusion its worn out.
Mate of mine is interested in buying mine, but wants this sorted first.
So, how easy/difficult is it to change one? Any tips/tricks to make the job easier? Is it worth removing the bumper and valance to do the job?
Any comments appreciated.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Are you sure its the regulator making all the racket and not the FDV, the only times I've heard such goings on is when there is a FDV involved.
You won't be any better off by removing the plastic bits at the front, have a look and you'll see what I mean, best thing to do is get the front high up on some good ramps.
Dave
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

The noise is defintely produced by the regulator, but the cause could well be the FDV since when I move the wheel even slightly off centre the reg. makes a more normal noise.
FDV looks pretty easy to replace, if I can get a cheap one I'll swap it.
mark_l

Post by mark_l »

Before some weeks i had anti sink valve leakage problem-asked here and realised, that there is not enough experience because of high ability of the equipment.
I dismounted the valve, replaced the O-ring, sealed rear plug with silicone gasket maker (?!?!) and installed it back.
Maybe pressure release ball or its seat are demaged and it is enough to replace them only?