Disaster. I've finally totally bust me moles

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BX
My Cars:

Re: Disaster. I've finally totally bust me moles

Post by BX »

Vise Grips are the ones. You can do so much with just the one tool that here they are often called "the farmers toolbox" They were made by petersen which was a company founded in the USA by a Danish blacksmith. Now branded Irwin. All other types of self locking pliers are a waste of time in comparison.
PS Just "Googled" vise grip and Petersen. Bad news: the name changed to Irwin in 2003 and production was moved to china in 2008 http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farmin ... es_12.html
Chlorate
My Cars:

Post by Chlorate »

A pair of mole grips and a good hammer are essential to any tool box in my opinion.

Irwin's Vise Grips are very good, I know a lot of people who swear by them and I bought my Dad a pair for his birthday once. I personally have a pair of Draper mole grips. The teeth on them are starting to round a little now, but they're relatively cheap and get the job done.
Citroen Xantia Exclusive HDi

previously:
Citroen ZX Volcane - RIP
Peugeot 106 XN... stolen and destroyed by Kent Police :evil:
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Dear Bereft Kevin, do not take it too much to heart with the demise of the insert on your molies.

Have you considered the timely repair to most damaged tools - welding? Why not clean up all the plating around the offending parts and either mig or gas weld them back together? They may not be as good as when new, but we all get a bit decrepit as we get old and worn. 8-[ Some see it as an advantage, others just a fact of life. :shock:

Otherwise, STOP BEING A CHEAPSKATE [-X and buy a pair of Vise Grips, the original ones, not the Chinese rubbish made of case hardened lead. 8-[ :-D :-D :-D

Agony Aunt. :twisted: :twisted: