Saxo diesel, fuel filter housing, air ingress

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

khand
My Cars:

Saxo diesel, fuel filter housing, air ingress

Post by khand »

My Saxo has developed an air leak through the fuel warmer thermostat in the fuel filter housing top.
For a crisis repair, I found that Blue Hermetite is my friend. In the longer term, I note that the white plastic insert (and more to the point, the O ring) are not available as replacement parts for the Saxo TUD5.

Does anyone have sufficient experience of these to know if the insert (and O ring ) are the same as the Xantia (XUD9) heated housing??
Regards

Kevin

1998 Xantia TD (VOR)
1998 Synergie shed. Almost on top of the latent defects from previous owners.
2002 Saxo diesel. Bit of a shed, ex driving school, Cat C. Goes not to bad all things considered.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Saxo diesel, fuel filter housing, air ingress

Post by spider »

I don't think they are the same. I cannot reference it as there's no part listed for the TUD5 separately (checked 106's both shapes too, I don't have Citroën specific data however its the same unit)

I wonder if its worth getting one from the scrapyard and / or finding a suitable o-ring or two from a factor ?
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
khand
My Cars:

Re: Saxo diesel, fuel filter housing, air ingress

Post by khand »

I shall be chasing the scrapyard route once I've got the Synergie brakes sorted and MOT'd.

Was only wondering, because there is a wealth of experience on this (and another ) forum re modifying the XUD9 type for WVO.
Never mind. Looks like a cold wet Sat am down the tat yard then.

Regards

Kevin