EPS/ASR error on constantly and high fuel consumption.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Atma
My Cars:

EPS/ASR error on constantly and high fuel consumption.

Post by Atma »

C5 2.2hdi 02 with 84k.
Problem is that after a hookup to a Lexia to clear and read faults, as I drove away I noticed the esp/asr error message. As I had other issue's now sorted this was just one more, but a new addition. Have had a new MAF, checked vacuum lines, fitted a new swirl valve to name just some of the bits.
I did also have an ABS error previously, solved that by flushing the brake fluid. Now if anyone knows what area to look in for this eps/asr error that would be great. I am arranging to have another Lexia visit to read codes. There is no limp mode just this constant error from starting, also the fuel consumption is around 24mpg ( I did run on 50/50 cooking oil for a short while, hope that did not screw up anything ). Have not changed air or fuel filter. As a possible solution to the fuel consumption I have defap the exhaust, cleared it out but have not done the ecu yet, waiting for the Lexia visit. I do have some oil accumulated at the bottom of the intercooler, there was also a lot of ash in the exhaust when cleaned out, this may have had an effect on the turbo, but it runs ok....Any idea's? [-o<
Also I cleaned out the egr line as it was practically blocked, after putting together, the car idled rough, could not see a vac leak so blocked the ECR line again, this sorted that but! Is this where a possible cause for the fuel consumption is and or the ESP/ASR error.
The most effective way by far to help the environment is to stop eating animals......