C5 Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mongoose100
My Cars:

C5 Question

Post by mongoose100 »

Does anyone know of any Peugeot/Citroën fog lights that would fit the front blanks of an 01 C5?
Have popped the blanking covers off and there is a nice circle opening almost as if to say there was originally going to be something put in there...

Also, mine has the HID lighting, so would the wiring to the COM2000 unit (or whatever it is) be there for the fogs?

Hoping the electrical side of things will be 'plug and play'. :!: :?:
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: C5 Question

Post by SaabC5 »

I thought my C5 was devoid of front fog lamps until i noticed the 2 lamps symbols on my left hand indicator stalk. The front fogs are located in the main light units not lower down on the front valance like every other car i've owned! #-o Dunno what Citroen were doing when they thought of that one.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

SaabC5 wrote:I thought my C5 was devoid of front fog lamps until i noticed the 2 lamps symbols on my left hand indicator stalk. The front fogs are located in the main light units not lower down on the front valance like every other car i've owned! #-o Dunno what Citroën were doing when they thought of that one.
The models with halogen lighting have them incorporated in the main lights, HID models dont have fogs...
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

If there are circular holes behind the trim then i'd be inclined to measure the diameter of the holes and see what aftermarket lamps would fit. A bit of minor fabricating and you'd have a nice set up. I'd check out the spec of the top model to see if it had fogs fitted as standard and then take it from there with the wiring. If the wiring wasn't present i'm sure it wouldn't be too diificult to use the rear fog circuit as the switch for the fronts.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink: