which spheres?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

which spheres?

Post by froggy »

Hi, Iam about to change the front three spheres on my series1 Xantia. My question is, would there be any benefit fitting spheres from a citroen dealer or from my local G.S.F. Are the Citroen spheres better? They are sure to be more exspensive. cheers Terry .
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

There's nothing wrong with the spheres from GSF, they may not hold their gas as long though.
If you're changing your accumulator then unless you know it was changed recently, you should change the rear accumulator too, known as the anti sink sphere.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yep, as Xac says, GSF Amtex ones are good. I have a NOS one here that's a good ten years old and it's lost just 4 bars in all that time...

Good point on the rear accumulator too... So often forgotten as they are both a bit tricky and appear to have no function...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...