xantia hdi bsi unit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Xantia hdi bsi unit

Post by DickieG »

allanmc wrote:Hi, been back at the car with the multi meter again and when I set it to 10amps and change the red lead to 10 amps it just blows the fuse in the meter could this be significant
allan
Yes so I'd now remove all the fuses with a rating above 10 amp then put them back one by one until you find the culprit.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I'd say so. That's some current draw for a car supposedly not running anything.
allanmc
My Cars:

xantia hdi bsi unit

Post by allanmc »

Hi back again with another story, removed all the fuses as instucted and with the meter set on the 10 amp scale connected the meter and it read zero replaced the fuses one at a time and meter read 0.70 at this stage thought that the only thing on was the clock so removed that it was then we saw that this fuse which was 10 amps controlled the CPH-Radio-Instrument cluster-Alarm warning lamp-Clock-Exterior temperature display, the meter then went to zero, another thing I have to mention the meter didnt blow its fuse again, hope this makes sence to you thanks
allan
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

CPH is the body computer so your sparks was looking in the right direction. I'd whip the radio out, check again, then disconnect the clock and see where you are. After that you might have to get the glove box out and disconnect the CPH to see where that gets you.
Richard W
allanmc
My Cars:

xantia hdi bsi unit

Post by allanmc »

Thanks Richard, I took the glove box out so I can see the unit ? but I dont think I will go any further because with the amount of power being lost overnight that seems to be the problem, spoke to the auto spark and he sugested, because of the cost of this unit he could fit a switch inside the car which would do so that might be the way to go
allan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ummm,

Not sure about the switch idea.. That would be tantamount to disconnecting the battery every night and the alarm would then arm every time the switch was switched back on. A PITA at best...

If the current drops from 700mA to zero when the CPH is disconnected then my money is still on an issue with the alarm.. If it is narrowed to the wireless, check the CD changer is not staying powered up by disconnecting it.. A CD changer constantly trying to eject or insert a disc may account for it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
allanmc
My Cars:

xantia hdi bsi unit

Post by allanmc »

Thanks Jim, disconnected the radio, no change then tried to disconnect the CPH plug but gave up after an hour, thought if I got the air bag unit out of the way I would be able to get the plug off the CPH but again gave up I will have another go tomorrow. Thanks again
allan
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi,

Don't know if this helps but it could be a source of info - http://spidometrs.ru/s2/download/citroen_manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has info on IMM. CPH and BSI.

Steve.
not applicable
Carsten S
My Cars: 2001 Citroen C5 V6 aut.

Post by Carsten S »

EDIT: Did not notice page 2.