'99 Xantia Radio Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

onthecut

'99 Xantia Radio Fault

Post by onthecut »

The radio in my '99 Xantia has suddenly ceased working, but the oddity is, the channel display remains permanently on. Turning off the engine and removing the ignition key --- no difference. There is no sound and no response to any of the radio controls, either on the set itself or on the wheel. If anyone has any thoughts -- please share !
I do have a spare, same model radio, but less the code. I have looked at getting the code online, but it seems I need a multi digit number equating to a barcode on the set. While I can see the barcodes, there are no number sequences printed under them. Any shortcuts or ways around the code ?

Mike.
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Post by Gingerposer »

Mike, regarding the code, it will depend on the make and model of the radio - there should be stickers on the unit with barcodes and numbers which will help identify which model it is. Some can be remotely decoded for free, some sadly cannot.

Have you removed the faulty unit from the dash and disconnected the power for a while? I have seen this work on a unit which the mechanic said had simply "frozen" up. - or you could try pulling the radio fuse in the fusebox which sits near your right knee under the steering wheel - chances are it is set to give a permanent live feed to the unit rather than an ignition switched feed, if you look closely at the slot where the fuse sits you can see there are two positions you can replace it in - it's obvious when you see it but hard to explain!