Fuel Warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

addo wrote:

Halfway through that distance, parking nose uphill is at your peril! Done the silly thing twice.
Is your primer bulb sucking in air at the joins which allows the fuel to siphon back down the fuel line? sounds like it. it should hold a vacuum and stop this, I refitted mine with some silicone sealer in the ends and stopped the fuel running back, until I started running on veg and the engine hunted in cold weather then I swapped the primer bulb for an electric facet pump to pump the thicker veg oil until the engine warms up.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

No primer bulb; mine runs on 98 octane.

Loaded with tools and stopped on a decent incline for a few hours, the rear sinks appreciably - taking my residual fuel to back of the tank!
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

a one way valve strategically placed in the fuel line would defo fix that then.

regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.