Any 2cv owners out there? what are your opinions Please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Any 2cv owners out there? what are your opinions Please?

Post by Citroenmad »

I bet its quite comical seeing you fit into a 2cv :lol:

Im 6ft 2" and have also removed the sun visor on our 2cv, as it just gets in the way. Once is not needed as the top of the windscreen is so low. Though I do find on long journeys that I have neck ache due to unconsciously peering down to see out :lol:
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

andy never mind the height of the seats they will probably have to stay the way they are I have been considering fitting a much smaller steering wheel so I can have some clearence to lift my leg off the clutch behind the wheel or alongside the wheel if it was a smaller one maybe one of those little hot rod steering wheels, having big plates of meat (feet) doesnt help and this increases the angle at which your right foot is at pressing on the throttle pedal causing cramp in the ankle.
lets face it the 2cv was designed for little people. I wanted one Ive got one and that is that. ive got to live with it.
cheers Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
ayjayy

Post by ayjayy »

i think that the only way is to move the driver seat and runners back but of course the rear seat legroom behind will be compromised
btw,hi citroen mad!
andy
ayjayy

Post by ayjayy »

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

What rear seat leg room? I thnk the rear seats are just for show or kiddies that haven't grown their legs yet.
Blimey it looks like your 2cv tows a lot of weight with a trailer that size.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
ayjayy

Post by ayjayy »

i think that if you were to fit a smaller diameter steering wheel it would be difficult to turn(unlees you have strong arms)
the trailer is a "dandy tent"
ive removed that metal box now it weighed a heck of a lot
falling-out-with-my-car

we used to own a raclet pronounced rack-lay just like that one when I bought it for £50 it had a whole the size of a football in the sleeper roof I patched it using the brown canvas bag that the ground sheet was in and sprayed it with waterproofer it took four hours to put the dam thing up so it had to go in the end.
They are quite heavy I am suprized that the 2cv engine can pull it so well.
our cooker used to hang on the trailer door

some say it is proberbly funny seeing me get in and out of my 2cv well I have had a few minor road rage moments where the opposition get a bit angry and impatient with having a 2cv in front of them, when I prise myself from the driverseat and tower above the car they get quite scarred and dissapear very quickly into their cars. its like a giant butterfly hatching. :roll: :lol:

if both my son and I are out for a spin in the 2cv its even funnier when we both get out and tower above the car.
I think I would drive it more if I could just figure out what to buy & where to put the radio speakers.I have been tempted to bolt them under the front seats.

Does anyone know where to get a decent radio aerial that actually has the clips to mount it on the passenger side front panel just in front of the passenger door Please, I have seen lots of telescopic aerials but I casn't find one with the actual clips to hold it to the panel. we should make this the 2cv section thread.

regards Nigel.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hello Nigel,

So that would be like the scene from Police Academy when Hightower is driving a Honda Civic, then?

Just a thought, but Bose do make car speakers (they aren't cheap, though). They usually are quite small, but have a hefty output. Could be worth a look.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks,
jaws did the similar thing in the spy who loved me (I think).

Bose blimey they'll cost more thasn the car cost to restore and I'm not to sure of the structural integrity of the car to put high quality speakers in it.
It might fall apart.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Didn't he also remove the steering wheel of a speedboat in 'Moonraker'?

I see what you mean. Just had a look on e-bay, and there is a set for a Mazda RX8 at £100. The bass speakers look a bit meaty; house them on the outside pointing backwards and you'd probably add a bit of oomph (unless it was countered by the alternator generating more power for the amplifier!).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ayjayy

Post by ayjayy »

i have a radio waiting here in my lounge to be fitted
i also have 2 speakers but as you say where the heck can you mount them :-D
http://www.ecas2cvparts.co.uk/radio-aer ... p-945.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
falling-out-with-my-car

ayjayy,
funny you should say that I bought a chepo Bush cd radio from argos for £25 during the sumnmer months but couldn't think where to fit it I didnt want to put it under the dash on the passenger side as it takes away quite a bit of knee room for the passenger with a single Din plastic mounting cage so I made this to bolt to the inner bulkhead above the metal tray on the passenger side
fortunately the CD still works at this angle. the plastic cage that the cd radio fits into will screw/bolt to this.
It is only a bit of cheap tongue and groove and a couple of pine wedges, I bunged a ciggy lighter socket in the top for the sat nav/phone chargers.
there is so much stuff on the bulkhead side above the battery I still havent got around to fitting it but it will happen eventually for now the speakers are a bit more of a concern to me Pic' below. regards Nigel.

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

not quite a 2cv but related...'85 Acadiane
recently updated previous owners stereo set-up...no problem with a van, plenty of headroom :)

£60 mechless HU, £6 for a 16gb USB drive & £30 for speakers, now all i need is the van back to fit it :lol:
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have seen speakers mounted in a wooden plinth that that sits under each front seat across the two metal rails which run side to side of the seat,
if you understand what i mean
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
falling-out-with-my-car

Malcolm,

something like that but detachable may be a good idea, there are some pretty reasonable 6 x 9 inch boxes on fle-bay that would do the job and enable some pretty reasonable speakers to be fitted possibly with an amp screwed to the back of the one of the boxes. as I understand it there are actually 2cv door speakers available either at 2cv city or ecas, but they do look a bit thin and cheap & nasty if you want any quality of sound I reckon the speakers have to be a reasonable size, esspecially with any head unit capeable of 100watts or more.

cheers Nigel.