R Send is knocking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI Dave
My Cars:

R Send is knocking

Post by HDI Dave »

Evening all :)

R Send is a knocking, over speed bumps.

I know the spheres are old, (5 years + ..probly about 8 years old, ) but the car handles fine in general, just like a coiler,which I suppose a citroen shouldn't? lol!)

Spare wheel/cradle is all re furbed / tight,

getting a knock on the rear end over speed bumps..

Can't tell which side,sounds like both..

Rear trailing arm bearings? Guide? Common? beeatch of a job?!

Ta, :)
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Activas apart, knocks from the rear are rare Dave.

Won't be your bearings unless they're biblically bad and besides they often creak as a warning and cause the rear wheels to show significant negative camber (/ \) when looked at end on...

Clunks are odd and they can sound like the back when really they're from the front...

Favorites are drop links and on the 110HDi, rattly calipers - try pulling your handbrake on and seeing if it disappears...

One cause might be something that really had me scratching my head on daughter's 206 - the wheelbrace had come loose and was ratting around...

Other than that, check your exhaust security and subframe sandwich mounts although the latter is a rear one...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Check the anti roll bar bolts for tightness. I had a loud knock on the rear of my XM and one bolt had fallen out :oops:

Peter