C5 Stereo System connection

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

g_feb
My Cars:

C5 Stereo System connection

Post by g_feb »

Hi,
I went to connect Sony xplod with Citroen C5 (02 reg, HDI, 2L diesel). It already had ISO Cables coming out. When i connected the stereo, it works fine but doesnt go off even after turning the ignition off. Thats the problem here!

After speaking to someone, i was told that i can change the red wire with yellow in the ISO Cable to resolve the problem, but i believe that wires can be replaced only in after market ISO Cables.

In my car, genuine ISO Cable is coming out to connect to stereo but there is no red or yellow cable so i dont know which cable to replace with another in order to solve the problem.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Citroen C5 2.0L HDI LX Reg:02 Hatchback
76,660 Miles
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You need to wire the radio as per the instructions that came with it & you wont have any problems. You will need to run an ignition live wire from the fag lighter.
See this topic > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... iplex+feed
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

wheeler wrote:You need to wire the radio as per the instructions that came with it & you wont have any problems. You will need to run an ignition live wire from the fag lighter.
See this topic > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... iplex+feed
I've heard this several times but never found it to be the case on earlier MKI C5's. I've put an Alpine iPod unit in place of the standard head unit and it was just a case of connecting the 2 ISO plugs and alls good. I have however used a Connects 2 wheel controls adaptor so this might handle the live/switched live problem.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi Gfeb

I had the same problem with my C5 All i did was to get an aftermarket adjustable ISO cable Reverse the red and yellow plug one end into the cars cable and the other into the radio,.... just plug the end you,ve changed into the radio and that's it..... you don't damage the original wiring on the car and you get the radio working as it should if ever you decide to sell the car just remove the radio and the cable and replace the original car stereo take a look in Halfords or any good car radio shop or on the internet you will find the type of ISO cable im talking about

Hope That Helps

Pete...........
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v