Teves ABS issue on XM 906kph while stationary...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Teves ABS issue on XM 906kph while stationary...

Post by red_dwarfers »

ABS fault suddenly appeared on the XM yesterday (as they do I suppose). I know everything was working earlier this week as I had it on the Lexia. It did say that all the wheels were doing 1kph which, while odd I could probably live with as being a quirk.

Got the Lexia out again this evening to find the NS wheel doing around 96kph and the OS about 53kph. I cleared the faults and disconnected the sensors to both front wheels, then fired up the Lexia again. The same thing.

In my head, this points to the ABS ECU. What conclusions would you draw to this?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've seen tis on Teves systems a lot Kev and it normally points to a duff sensor..

Disconnect them and carefully measure their resistance. Likely you'll find the 96km/h one reading high...

Are the ABS rings and ends of the sensors nice and clean? A bit of metallic muck on the end of the sensor can cause this...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I see where you're coming from and I will check the resistance just to rule it out fully, but it still happens with the sensors themselves are physically disconnected in behind the wheel arch cover.

Unless, when the ABS system stops working, it freezes the parameter values which are displayed on the Lexia?
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Try reaching a modest road speed and doing a crash stop. This may "reset" the ABS module - mine stored a cleared fault until this was done.