synergie clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

synergie clutch

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys ive got a p reg synergie n lately the clutch pedal has decided to make a huge clunking noise resulting in the pedal going right to the floor and only releaseing itself if i raise it back up with my foot.......... :roll: any ideas what it could be?... its driving me nuts. :evil: cheers guys.
MPV

Post by MPV »

It's no big deal, just the clutch cable. Happened to mine. Fairly easy to fit, auto adjusting.
thatfatbloke
My Cars:

Post by thatfatbloke »

Just replaced our clutch cable (again!) recently. Exactly the same symptons. Some say that because ours only lasted about 8000 miles,that the clutch itself is on the way out,but the bloke that fitted the new cable didn't find anything wrong with the clutch.
1996 Synergie 1.9td - the money pit!!. Long gone.
1997 Lexus LS400 - a proper car.
MPV

Post by MPV »

Mine has done at least 40,000 miles since it was changed. It went at about 65,000 miles. So they should last a while and I don't think it's clutch related. I think it's quite good when they fail in this way, at least you have a warning it needs changing. On my old BX it just went suddenly, no warning and I was stuck in the worst of places in the rain waiting for the RAC man with a flat bed truck. Having said that though, I've had other makes of car that have done upwards of 150,000 miles on the original clutch cable.
Dippy
My Cars:

Post by Dippy »

dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers guys.while fixing another problem on the bus......... engine mount :evil: i noticed that there was a bracket thats suposed to be attached the the subframe on the car that wernt that keeps the clutch cable routed so i was wondering if it had sumit to do with it.? i,ll get a cable priced up for it. 8-) cheers guys
:wink: