C5 suspension rising when parking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bruce91
My Cars:

C5 suspension rising when parking

Post by bruce91 »

Hi guys and girls,
i have a C5 51 plate SX with the hydroactive suspension - my first citroen and loving it... One thing i have noticed is that when i am pulling into a parking space or slowly nudging forward the front end decides to rise.... is this normal? When i bought the car 5 months ago i had a full service and the suspension was said to be fine.... so just wanting to know if it is normal for the suspension to act like this when slowly moving forward....?

cheers all

Bruce
bruce91
Citroen C5 SX 51
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Welcome to the forum Bruce.

I have certainly never noticed this on mine - it will adjust it's height occasionally, usually shortly after stopping and they are known to 'dance' a bit when left with the wheels pointing left or right (not centered).

Does it do this all the time or just occasionally?
Is the ground level?
bruce91
My Cars:

Post by bruce91 »

Hi myglaren thanks for your reply....

It seems to be when i am just slowly nudging forward.... probably when the wheels are either left or right as i say its when parking so wheels would not be straight i guess.... and the ground is flat where i park.... it is probably doing the same as yours does.... im probably just been paranoid haha. and by dancing im assuming you mean the suspension rising and falling on its own all of a sudden at a stand still? this has only happend a few times. scared me the first time it did it, i thought i had broke her....

thanks for your help :)
bruce91
Citroen C5 SX 51
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Try doing some Citroëbics.

Raise the car to its highest, wait there a minute then drop to the lowest, again wait a minute then repeat about five times.

I usually do a bit of this while waiting at the lights, more for amusement than for any other reason but I do think it keeps things moving in the hydraulic rams.
The shocked looks on other drivers faces is priceless :)

It may not change anything but costs nothing and is worth a shot.
bruce91
My Cars:

Post by bruce91 »

i do tend to do citrobix when on my break at work, but only do it once. I shall do it a bit more often....

and as for doing citrobix in traffic etc it does sound quite fun.... i shall have to give it ago and look at their reactions.... Also, does the C5 have the cables etc for a CD changer? I have the button for it just nothing else, from what i can see anyway haha
bruce91
Citroen C5 SX 51
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Some have a changer under the driver's seat but if not the cables should be present.

If you fit one it may have to be initialised by a Lexia - not sure about that but one of the knowledgeable ones will no doubt look in and confirm that one way or the other.
bruce91
My Cars:

Post by bruce91 »

ahhh ok. i shall have to check it out.... suppose i could pop into my local garage im sure he would know
bruce91
Citroen C5 SX 51
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Ooops.
Previously:
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Chris (citroenmad) had his done I'm sure - he'll post here when he sees this thread.
Possibly others.