Zx16v De-cat

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxzx16v
My Cars: Past Frenchies , 4xBx16v,1xBxGti,1xBxTzd,2xZx Volcanes,1xZx reflex,1xPug 405mi16, 3x Xantia 1.9td's,1x Xantia activa, 2x Renault 25 V6 turbo, 1 Zx16v ,1 Pug 406 V6 coupe ,1x C8 , 1x Berlingo van , 1x Xanti 2.1td , 1x Renault Laguna 3

Zx16v De-cat

Post by bxzx16v »

Got the Mot passed today on the Zx but it looks like the exhaust won't last much longer , what I want to know is if I get a stainless exhaust made with a decat pipe will it drastically alter the running of the car and what effect will it have on the emmisions , will I be better leaving the cat in place ?

Thanks , Mark
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Probably have no effect on running although you will fail your next emission test and if (unlikely but not unknown) you get stopped and fail the roadside emission check they won't be impressed. Not sure what effect it will have on insurance.

If you have a downstream sensor (after cat sensor) then it will upset running, I'm assuming the XU does not.

You may get a tiny increase in mpg, maybe one or two at a guess, I'd not expect any more power. Cats are not as restrictive as they first were when the technology was initially introduced to the mainstream European market in the early 90's.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG