bye bye kelly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Synergietom
My Cars:

bye bye kelly

Post by Synergietom »

as some of you may remember i used to be the proud owner of a beloved xant named kelly unfortuanately i had to leave the area for personall reasons and due to the fact that kelly wasnt running at the time she had to be left behind upon my return i have found that she has been removed by local authorities and is no longer recognizwable you will have to exuse thespelling as im not juust angry but still drunk in morning with fact that my beloved familly member has been towed and crushed despite the fact that dhe was asleep on the driveway.
Yipee i have the xant lets i hope i keep her this time
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Sue the bar stewards if she was on private property!
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Unless it was the case she wasn't Sorned and her tax had run out...
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

she was sorned but the car was sitting on council property and as we where not here she was removed.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

I don't think we're getting the full story here. It could have been vandalised, torched etc. and causing a nuisance to people in the area. You say the car was unrecognisable so I'm assuming something like this happened.

Anyway, if someone puts in a complaint about an 'abandoned' vehicle the council are within their rights to remove it from private property once a 15-day notice period has expired.

If they think it's not worth anything, they can dispose of it straight away. If they think it's worth something, they send a notice of destruction to the owner (presumably to the address on file at the DVLA).

One good reason to keep your contact details up to date :wink:

Read about abandoned cars here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndComm ... DG_4001703
ImageImage
pete@co.uk
My Cars:

Post by pete@co.uk »

Hi sorry to hear about this but if the car was sorned they had no right to touch it they can only do this if the car was not sorned or if the sorn has run out i would be very annoyed if this ever happened to me because if its sorned then what they,ve done id illegal

Pete.............
Drives
51 Reg Citroen C5 SX 2.0 16v
Synergietom
My Cars:

Post by Synergietom »

as the car was parked on council property which was essentially unocupied the vehicle would have been seen as abandoned and so therefore removed regardless of its value and as its an older car it wouldve been distroyed straight away. And living around here it wouldnt surprise me if someone had complained about it while we where away
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

pete@co.uk wrote:Hi sorry to hear about this but if the car was sorned they had no right to touch it they can only do this if the car was not sorned or if the sorn has run out i would be very annoyed if this ever happened to me because if its sorned then what they,ve done id illegal

Pete.............
Maybe you didn't read the previous post. :)

It's not illegal at all. The council have the right to remove 'abandoned' vehicles from private property, and also to send you the owner a fine if they track you down.

I use 'abandoned' in quotation marks because one council's junk is another man's collectible car.

A neighbour probably got sick of looking at what they saw to be an 'abandoned' car and called to have it towed.
ImageImage
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Still a bit of a bummer when you don't even get the 175 quid on the scrap value of car.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2