2001 xantia forte 110 heater problems.....can anyone help?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

albertz78
My Cars:

2001 xantia forte 110 heater problems.....can anyone help?

Post by albertz78 »

Hi Guys,
My blower has started playing up (again). Late last year blower stopped working properly, fitted new rheostat thingy to blower motor and hey presto all good.
Started acting up again then stopped altogether. Thinking that the motor may have finally gone got another from e-bay, fitted it - nothing. Noticing the brown connector plug looked a bit the worse for wear popped out the spades and put them back on in sequence (thick red, orange, thick black, white), still nothing. Checked thick red for current, seems to be none so took live feed from 12v aux output and fed it to the terminal the thick red previously occupied, still nothing UNTIL I accidentally pushed the thick black against the orange and the motor started spinning. However it will only do this at one speed and does not respond to the settings on the control unit. So what next?
This is my first Citroen and I really like her despite having to replace clutch, crank pulley, timing belt,water pump, n/s front brake caliper, exhaust, front brakes and discs, front wheel bearings, front end suspension bushes. all since March 2010.
She's done 128,000 and as far as I can make out good for at least another 100k or so.
So any advice on how to get the blower/heater working properly (and as inexpensively as possible) would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Michael[/b]
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Welcome to the Xantia blower. :mrgreen:

Topic with orange wire voltages here:
http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=25122
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
Dannyboy
My Cars:

I gave up !

Post by Dannyboy »

I had this problem..........the blower would only work on full...........read all the posts.......changed the transistors.....no fix......checked out the wiring....got a very good electrical manual on the internet ( from a pal ) .it seems the correct voltages were not coming from the aircon ECU.......but were going to the ECU from the blower slider. My outside air temp indication was showing 39 degrees about 25 more than actual. The little motor for blowing air over the sensor was working.........the 4 temp sensors that talk to the ECU are apparently buried in the heater internals. spent a lot of time getting nowhere ......frustrated .....
I fitted a manual fan ( runs the opposite way ) and the manual fan diode pack for the fan speeds( from a scrappie.) I had to make a hole in the heater / fan casing duct to fit the diode pack in a correct place s ....the diodes are then in the fan air flow for cooling Used silicone sealant to seal it up. in place . wired it up using a blower switch from a pug 106 I had lying around.It had only 3 speeds , fitted it in the front part of the oddments tray under the ashtray. I leave it on speed 1 all the time......occasionally use speed 2....don`t miss the missing speed 3 and use speed 4 ( full ) for rapid defogging. No issues in the 6 months since fitted....summer or winter.
Fixed at last !