Fault code PO220 ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johntom

Fault code PO220 ?

Post by johntom »

Hi
the engine management light on my 2.0 hdi van has just come on, the fault code is PO220 TPS/pedal position sensor/switch B circuit malfunction. What is the TPS and what is the best cause of action to resolve ?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Hmm, not entirely sure if this applies to whatever model your van is but I recently dealt with a similar issue on a C3 HDi where a common fault is the connection socket behind the glovebox for the accelerator where the loom is extended across to the offside for the RHD conversion. The remedy was to cut off the connection block and solder the wires in the correct order and cover the new joint in shrink wrap. So far the fault has not re-appeared.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
johntom

Post by johntom »

Also today the van is giving problems starting. Not sure if they are connected issues but the van started ok from cold but after being run, then left for 10 minutes it would only fire up for a second before cutting out. Each time i turned the key it fired up and ran for a second or two, on the 10th try it started and kept running ? When i stopped again after a further 6 miles it did the same again ?