Xantia Dirvers door lock assembly

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia Dirvers door lock assembly

Post by avatar »

I will be replacing this unit to, hopefully, fix an intermittent problem with the central locking on my 1993 SX.
The new unit comes with a new wiring harness to tie into the exisiting loom. The leads are all white but numbered v1 through v9.
Does any one have any info which leads are connected to which in the existing loom. I guess v1 means pin1 in the connector but any info greatly apprediated
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Heard today from a Citroen garage that following some standardisation with Peugeot whilst the rear lock assemblies connect to the existing loom, an interposing cable is needed for the new design of front door locks.
alf
My Cars:

Post by alf »

Can I ask what the problem was and have you cured it? When I operate my central locking on my 1994 LX, it locks momentarily but almost instantaneously unlocks!<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I will be replacing this unit to, hopefully, fix an intermittent problem with the central locking on my 1993 SX.
The new unit comes with a new wiring harness to tie into the exisiting loom. The leads are all white but numbered v1 through v9.
Does any one have any info which leads are connected to which in the existing loom. I guess v1 means pin1 in the connector but any info greatly apprediated

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Post by avatar »

Intermittent refusal of the central locking to lock. The central locking would lock and then immeadiately unlock.
I appear to have solved my problem. I would suggest you check all the courtesy lights first including the boot. If the lights are on , or the control unit thinks they are on the sytem will lock and then immeadiately unlock. If all the courtesy lights and switches function correctly then check the position of the striker plate of the lock on all the doors and the boot. Also check the locking bolt on the fuel cap is working properly.
These faults may cause the symptoms you describe and are much easier to fix than replacing the drivers side door lock.
HTH