Glow plug fuse

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

axford

Glow plug fuse

Post by axford »

Does anyone know which fuse controls the glow plugs on my Citroen C5 2 litre 8V HDi saloon Y reg?

It is rough as anything when starting from cold. I have changed the glow plug relay, glow plugs, cleaned the maf, changed the fuel filter and housing, oil, oil filter and air filter, the map, the exhaust butterfly thing. There is sometimes a smell of exhaust fumes but not strong and only a little bit of bluish smoke on start up otherwise the exhaust fumes are clear.

It chugs so much on start up that it feels that it is going to stall and I have to rev it to start. I have put the best oil in and checked all hoses and vaccums which all seem to be working. Any help much appreciated.
Chris
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

Probably not relevent for a C5 but I had a hell of a job with my Xantia last year. Intermittently wouldn't start until it had been turned over numerous times, then when it did start got a huge plume of smoke and rough running until warm. Plugs had been changed. Turned out it was the braided rail that joined all the plugs together. I was amazed at this diagnosis but it has proven to be correct.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

My guess is that it wont be glow plug related being an HDi. In my experience with them, they'll fire up in 0degrees with no need to glow.

Temps might be different over there tho?
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
c2mp
New User

Re: Glow plug relay

Post by c2mp »

Hello there! can anybody help me, where is the glow plug relay on a Citroen c2 1.4 hdi? thanks
mirafioriman

Re: Glow plug fuse

Post by mirafioriman »

Have you investigated the fueling side, injectors and so on?
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
Jackyboy44

Post by Jackyboy44 »

I had a similar problem and the smell of fumes, more outside the car than in. It was caused by one of the injectors leaking. Now been replaced and runs fine but still a bit lumpy and smokey when first started on cold mornings.
axford

Post by axford »

just an update . you were right mirafioriman it was the dirty injectors needed replacing