Synergie - rear suspension arm bush replacement?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PopPops
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 207 Auto Sport
2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 Auto
Citroen CX GTI Turbo 2, sadly no more…
Citroen GSA, sadly no more…

Synergie - rear suspension arm bush replacement?

Post by PopPops »

The rear suspension arm bush (offside) on my Synergie has failed. It has done about 270,000 miles so I'm not complaining.

Has anyone changed one of these? What's involved in the job? I can get the bush but cannot find any info about changing it, or any tool to extract the old and insert the new.

I would have had no worries on my old CX, but this car has big steel springs...

Thanks for any info.

Regards.
Nigel
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i just looked up Synergie rear suspension on service citroen,

the bush is 5152.61 and price £21.70,

if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will check for the exact bush for you van/wagon,

looking at the exploded view i would say with the car on stands with the complete axle hanging free,

place a jack under the tail end of the arm in question, diconact the shocker from the lower end, now gently lower the jack,

this should allow you to just lift the spring clear,

regards malcolm
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Did one of these some years ago. Sorry I cannot give exact instructions but it wasn't too bad. As already posted disconnect the shocks and take the springs out of the way. Disconnect the stabiliser rod and I think the brake equaliser to drop the axle some more. Remove the old bush using your favourite method. I usually make a hole through the rubber if the centre doesn't fall out, thread through a hacksaw blade and cut through the outer metal case of the bush (careful not to damage the axle) then the old bush can usually be easily driven out. Use a piece of threadad bar with heavy duty washers to press in the new bush.
I think that there is only one option for the bush. I fitted a Fiat one to a Citroen
PopPops
My Cars: 2010 Peugeot 207 Auto Sport
2004 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 Auto
Citroen CX GTI Turbo 2, sadly no more…
Citroen GSA, sadly no more…

Post by PopPops »

Many thanks, I'll give it a go.
Nigel