Chump drove all way frae north scotland to south france with

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul-R wrote: It's absolutely ridiculous that we are now reduced to planning a route that AVOIDS motorways because they're so alow.
I do the same in the summer when going to Somerset. Normally I'd take the A34/A303 but it is so often delayed by volumes of holiday traffic that I take the A420/A361. It's slower but faster :roll:

When you look at the problem on the motorways it's mainly lorries going to/from the channel ports. Why oh why don't they make a concerted effort get all this stuff onto rail. After all, most of it is going long-distance and I can't imagine it is all so urgent that the time involved in transshipment is crucial.

This country seems obsessed with lorries and moving things by lorries. It beggars belief that there's even an Eddie Stobart spotters society in this country :roll:

I'll bet our European cousins don't have such a fetish about spotting a Willi Betz or a Knobhead Dentresangle lorry...

Get the buggers onto rail where they belong...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

CitroJim wrote:Knobhead Dentresangle lorry...
There IS a Norbert spotters group but whether that's just a British obsession I don't know.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Well, I don't know about spotting but "Norbert Dentressangle" is a fabulous name.
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

CitroJim wrote:
Paul-R wrote: It's absolutely ridiculous that we are now reduced to planning a route that AVOIDS motorways because they're so alow.
This country seems obsessed with lorries and moving things by lorries. It beggars belief that there's even an Eddie Stobart spotters society in this country :roll:
I'd better return their branded t shirt then, I thought that would be a nice present for you :(
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote: I'd better return their branded t shirt then, I thought that would be a nice present for you :(
:rofl: :rofl:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...