Leaking electrovalve

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davewithington
My Cars:

Leaking electrovalve

Post by davewithington »

My back electrovalve is leaking, and not a small amout either, so I need to take it off to see if the dreaded electrolitic corrosion has nibbled at the solenoid seat.

What are the sizes of union spanner I need. The couple I've got are Imperial, so best buy new.
davewithington
My Cars:

Post by davewithington »

Just found the post about removing electrovalves, with the spanner sizes on, 17 and 9 mm.

Ta anyway
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No Dave,

You may be lucky and get the valve out with a 16mm socket on the top hexagon. Often the top unscrews from the base and leaves the base sitting in the sphere block. If this happens then you'll need a deep 24mm socket that has been ground thin to get the body out.

I'm very pre-occupied at the moment Dave but if you can wait a day or so then I'll go into full detail with pictures...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davewithington
My Cars:

Post by davewithington »

That's OK Jim. I want to take the valve off anyway to give it a good clean - keeps me away from the gardening my wife wants doing.......

I reckon it's blown the O ring. I've had the solenoid off before, and I wasn't impressed by the size of it - much too thin really - so I want to have a good look.