First run

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

garrydog
My Cars:

First run

Post by garrydog »

Just come back from my first run in my C5 2.0L hdi VTR(110),I did over 500 miles the MPG was at best 48.3 I think that that is OK for that size of car,better than my old 306.The car never missed a beat and ran great.
I just had two little niggles about the car,
1 auto lights how do you turn it off, all the way down to south Wales the lights kept turning on and off.
2 Air Con, the car has the auto system on it ,the air con was on most of the time,or the cab was to warm set on 20C,the MPG was around 44MPG,
in the end i pulled the plug on the pump that stopped it from turning on and the MPG went up to 48.3.for the rest of the trip i used the windows as i normally do.Thinking off putting a switch in the system so i can turn the air con on when i want to.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: First run

Post by Paul-R »

garrydog wrote:1 auto lights how do you turn it off, all the way down to south Wales the lights kept turning on and off.
To activate/deactivate the auto lights turn the ignition to accessories; turn the lighting control stalk to '0' and then press the end of the stalk until you hear the confirmation sound.
garrydog wrote:2 Air Con, the car has the auto system on it ,the air con was on most of the time,or the cab was to warm set on 20C,the MPG was around 44MPG,
in the end i pulled the plug on the pump that stopped it from turning on and the MPG went up to 48.3.for the rest of the trip i used the windows as i normally do.Thinking off putting a switch in the system so i can turn the air con on when i want to.
You can turn the CC off by pressing the button marked Eco. This puts the CC into manual mode with the aircon switched out.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
garrydog
My Cars:

Post by garrydog »

Thanks very much for the info,now sorted.
David.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Glad to hear it.

I'm surpised at you having problems with the auto lights as, unlike the bloody awful auto wipers, I've never had a problem with them.

Check the windscreen for cleanliness on the outside behind where the rear view mirror sits. That's where the sensors are.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Glad your enjoying your C5 :)

Auto lights usually work perfectly, I have not had a problem with them on any of my C5s. However if your car has had a replacement windscreen it is likely that the sensors has not been located onto the windscreen properly or it has been damaged.

Yes, the eco button takes the car off aircon. I get the impression the C5 was designed to be run with AC on all the time, as the 'Eco' button lights when the AC is off and with the C5II its a mode in the computer menu which turns off the AC on those - though its very very easy to do. I couldn't live without AC in my car and I HATE driving at motorway speeds with windows open - similarly sunroofs actually, its just too noisy.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10