removing Xantia door card ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI
My Cars:

removing Xantia door card ?

Post by HDI »

Finally, today I'll be investigating the problem with the drivers side window on my S2.
Now I HATE anything to do with interior trim so I thought it would be an idea to determine the sort of clips used to hold the the door card in place before I break any with the wrong removal technique.
Can anyone advise the type of clip and the correct tool/technique please ?
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

They're a mixed bag. For me, the most problematic one is on the trailing edge near the top. Have had a couple of holding channels break and had to plastic weld them back together. Best tool is fingers, and have the door panel warm to minimise brittleness.

With the lock button, pour boiling water over the serrated tang bit once it's dismantled, this removes the "memory" of its closed shape and effectively starts you off with a new clip - the best way to do it.

As to the foam liner, I have at times sliced them and then used duct tape to close again - others I've sawn through the adhesive foam with a sharp blade and refitted with ¼" wide strips of 3M PST.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i find the best way to get the trim away after all the unscrewing is done, is lift a bottom cornner away with a flet blade screw driver enough to get your fingers under,

then a sharp yank ( no not a bright American ) usualy pulls most of the trim clips free,

although these clips are made of a very brital plastic these days,

so some will break but there is usualy enough left intackt to hold the trim panle in place, if you place the remaining clips in stratygic points remebering that some points are also held by screws,

with the locking button in the open position gently press with a in and downward actioin the tinny dimple through the hole in the lower edge of the button, the action is to firstly disengadge the dimple from the hole, then at the time slide it downwards to disarm/unlock it,

as long as you dont press on it to hard you should not break the dimple off and you will be able to re/use it,

to re/fit this button flick the lock mechanisum into the door closed position but with the door open ( i use a screw driver ),

now press the locking button rod down into the locked psition, then make sure the dimple of the button is in the bottom hole of the two now place the button into the guide chanle in the door trim and press it firmly down and home,

now pull it up and opperate the door opening handle to release to lock catch,

regards malcolm
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Thanks guys.

OK, the problem has been located. After removing the door card and moisture membrane 2 cable ends were discovered loose in the bottom of the door, nice !

Subsequent to disconnecting the the window from the lifter mechanism and then removing the mechanism from the door I found the cables had jumped of the slider block that raises and lowers the window.

After spending an hour or so working out how to rewind the cables onto the motor drum and thread them around the pulleys etc, I then did a dummy test with the mech out of the door. It worked fine a few times and just as I was about to pat myself on the back the cable jumped out of the slider block again as it stopped at the bottom end !

Close examination of the slider block revealed the cable retaining slot was cracked and was allowing the cable to jump out when force was exerted.

So, can these slider blocks be obtained separately without having to buy a whole new lifter mech ?
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

HDI wrote: So, can these slider blocks be obtained separately without having to buy a whole new lifter mech ?
I believe so but not from Citroen. I recall a source was found somewhere in Eastern Europe a while back but that's as far as it goes.

Maybe a search or someone with a far better memory than mine will be able to fill in the blanks...

Otherwise it's off to the breakers, not the car I hasten to add, but to find another mechanism. I believe a Peugeot 406 of similar vintage uses the same or a very similar mechanism... The MK1 Xantia uses a very different mechanism.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI
My Cars:

Post by HDI »

Thanks for that hint.

Bingo, found them on ebay !!

Satisfying I don't need to bin a perfectly good lifter mech for the sake of small plastic part :)
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
citronut