P Bushes - recommendation?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

XantiaExclusiveHDI
My Cars: Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon - I can't seem to let her go!

P Bushes - recommendation?

Post by XantiaExclusiveHDI »

Just been on to GSF - they have discontinued the better quality rear wishbone P bushes :(

Can anyone recommend anywhere for a suitable replacement - or will it have to be Citroen? There are loads on eBay - but I'm dubious about their quality...
Currently:
2000 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive Saloon (73k)
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

My Xantia has Sasics, which are just so-so. You can also get a good spread of other reputable brands - Febi, Delphi, Moog, Corteco; from memory including OCAP on the lower rear bushes which would be one of my preferences.

I've been shopping a fair bit with a German mob called "Genuine-Parts". The catch is, you need to spend a few hundred at a stretch to make a real dent in savings. Otherwise, if you have any contacts with an address in mainland France, they could shop via one of the French stores like Oscaro.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I find it very odd that your GSF salesman is shrugging that off so quickly, if they can't get an item from their usual supplier they will usually spend a bit of time sourcing an alternative.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
XantiaExclusiveHDI

red_dwarfers wrote:I find it very odd that your GSF salesman is shrugging that off so quickly, if they can't get an item from their usual supplier they will usually spend a bit of time sourcing an alternative.
Nope - he just said it's been coded 'D1' I think - essentially a deleted item. He only offered the cheaper (crap) version :roll:
Currently:
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
XantiaExclusiveHDI

Re: P Bushes - recommendation?

What a mare...

So I ordered some Delphi bushes. Arrived at CES - TD294W - TD295W. Boxes marked up with correct parts - however they were both TD295W inside :x

Got a refund for the extra TD295W. Called around - Eurocraparts had one in their distribution centre. Ordered it. Went to get it and it was a crappy Q-Drive part :evil:

So - called Delphi UK - none due in until week 46 - mid November!!

Just as well I cycle everywhere - my poor car has been sat on the drive for months now.

Anyone recommend the next best and as close to OEM s possible available in the UK? I've looked at a few now and they are definitely less substantial with the rubber bushing - can't see them lasting long. The Delphi look very close to OEM.

Thanks!
Currently:
Previously:
BX 19 TZD Turbo
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

firstly steer well clear of ECP especialy as far as there bush's are concerned,

try giveing Vince a call at GSF Liverpool, he is a member on here and is very helpfull

regards malcolm
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

try giveing Vince a call at GSF Liverpool, he is a member on here and is very helpfull
Vince has moved to GSF branch at Old Trafford, Manchester :cry: :cry:
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Give AEP a call. I've just got some from them and they seem good enough. Can't recall what make they were but they were German.

In general I find AEP very good. Very knowledgeable sales staff, especially Paul. I find AEP generally very helpful and they do excellent quick delivery...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...