Alarm / battery issue.....Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Alarm / battery issue.....Xantia

Post by vince »

Guys....ill cut to the chase on this one.....

My negative terminal, on my battery is beyond help and needs replacing...whats the easiest way to get this done? The part thats damaged is the terminal clamp. Its hanging on but cannot be disconnected anymore or else it will fall to pieces....ideas?

Secondly and perhaps more importantly....I disconnected the battery a short while ago and had a go at replacing the dash bulbs that need replacing....i gave up (rain and dark) and put everything back together again. Connected the battery up again and the alarm armed itself. The problem with this is my fob stopped working after winter so i cannot disarm it. I popped the cap on the passenger side scuttle and turned and held the key in the slot but that did nothing so I succumbed to pulling out the alarm fuse and now everything seems to start fine etc, but how can i remedy this one with no working fob?

So much for an easy job.....steering wheel air bag bolts are two different sizes and i only have a torx for one of them, the lower column shroud wont come off as the screw just spins so will need to be snapped off and then replaced with a good one....the top shroud wont screw to teh holding bracket because the bracket is damaged...the list goes on :x

Someone definately has been working in that area in the past and by what i have to contend with didnt have a clue or a care in the world about what they were doing :evil:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Battery terminal:

Easiest way, if the bolt hole closest to the wires is in good nick, break off the other one (or vice versa so you're left with part of the clamp with one bolt hole).
Then get a repalcement terminal:

Remove the bolt, slip the bolt hole of the old clamp between the two bolt holes of the new clamp, re-insert the bolt, fit to battery and tighten.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks Xac, might not look very neat but should do the trick :wink:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

When you are ready to reconnect the battery Vince replace the alarm fuse and before the battery is reconnected have the key turned to the on position in the ignition.
When you reconnect the battery the alarm will reset itself,well atleast it does on mine :)

Colin
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks Colin,that sounds promising... :)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

if that doesnt work, dis connect the battery, turn the key to off, locate on the dash, on the right hand side the button with a Siren with a cross through it NOT The one with up/down arrows with a cross through them, once you found that, re connect the battery, then press and HOLD the siren cancel button and switch on the ignition to position two, the alarm should then reset its self then!!

You must have the correct button on the dash... its like a Speaker/Siren with a cross on it!

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto