Xantia Sunroof

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

In summary found 3 drain tubes, all draining seemingly OK.
Fourth drain tube-the rear offside heading off in the direction of the wheel arch with the petrol filler cap and pipework leading to the tank. Haven't found it yet.

Heres some fairly amateurish pictures

Front drain tube behind drivers side wheel arch liner-door end
Location of rear nearside drain tube in wheel arch

Mine exits horizontally (er.... no it doesn't it is more vertical on a second look) in the wheel arch-no need to remove liner (maybe my liner was missing though) and was clear

So if the rear offside is in a similar position it should be in the wheel arch behind the cross

However behind here is all the petrol filler pipe and associated pipework and as yet I havent found the outlet pipe for the sunroof drain tube

Any ideas where it is? Does it poke out horizontally like the other side? Is it somewhere behind the fuel filler pipe?

thanks Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 16 Jun 2011, 23:38, edited 2 times in total.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, it is there Neil, right up in the top of the arch, same place as on the otehr side.

Strange thing is, that one never seems to give a problem.

Easy test is to tip water into the sunroof gullies with the car dead level and there should be a puddle at each wheel if all the drains are good...

If you can't get the car level, put the back on axle stands and drop the front on the height lever top get enough tilt in to check the front drains.

When doing a drain test like this, also look for damp emerging around the rear passenger grab handles and courtesy lights by peeling back the tops of the door rubbers. If the spout(s) are not firmly attached to the gutters, as well as water running down the drain you'll also see water finding its way out by the grab handles and thereabouts.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

At the offside rear corner, I could not see a drain tube, could not feel a drain tube but water from the sunroof gully flowed down in a good torrent from somewhere up the top of the wheel arch.

Looked like it was round about the red circled area where there is a rubber grommet and an electrical connection poking through.

I guess it must have been coming from some orifice above this out of sight and out of reach.

Neil
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

I had the same troubles, couldn't find right side but left plainly visible so I dont think you're missing a piece
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD