2.0l HPI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

I have had two leaks between the 5 C5s we have had now. I am onto my third C5 hatch, my first one is still here and in daily use though, and we have had two C5 estates too. All have been 2.0HDis, 3 were the S1 110s and two facelifted 2.0Di 138s.

The first was a split seal in the rear cylinder and was easy and cheap to replace.

The other was a bit of a funny one, white mayo like stuff was appearing all over the drive. It took me a while to find where it was coming from (from which of the 8 cars to start with!). It was from a suspension pipe joint on my previous C5. What had happened was some misinformed person had put in LHM which does not go well in the C5s system and does not mix at all with LDS. This was added before my ownership and this problem took about 3K miles to appear. The LHM an LDS were trying to mix, causing a foam to be produced in the suspension pipes and it had caused this leak. The leak was fixed with a new jubilee clip but then the suspension pump wouldn't work due to the air in the mixture. I got the system flushed with LDS, the LDS was replaced and the system was flushed through. It never gave any more problems for the 13K miles I owned the car after that. So that leak could have been avoided. On the whole leaks are not too common.

I find them hard to fault, they do everything I need and want so effortlessly.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10