Xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickeybo

Xantia suspension

Post by mickeybo »

Xantia diesel 1998 the front is much higher than the rear when engine is idling when you press the lever the front comes down but front rises
again and stays in that position whilst driving. any feedback greatly accepted Regards Mickeybo
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I'd say the white link ('dogbone') between the height corrector mechanism and the anti-roll bar has fallen off.

Jack the front of the car up high, SUPPORT VERY ADEQUATELY ON AXLE STANDS and crawl under and have a look.

This is a composite diagram of both front and rear height corrector assemblies:

The dogbone is item 6 The front corrector is Item 1

Sometimes you'll find the clamp (Item 4) broken or the ball on the underside of the corrector mechanism has fallen off due to its riveting failing.

The failure may be due to a seizure of the mechanism due to lack of lubrication although this is rare on a front corrector on a TD as it often received fortuitous lubrication from engine oil leaks...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickeybo

zanta suspension

Post by mickeybo »

Many thanks citrojim for your prompt reply we did have to remove anti role bar to replace some bushings it was only after that this problem did
arise. Regards mickeybo