Xantia mot advisories

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia mot advisories

Post by froggy »

Hi, my Xantia just passed its mot . Advisories were , cracked front brake pipes . When I replace them, do I need to put the suspension on low an d then depresssurise ? cheers Terry
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No, no need at all Terry.

Just jack up on high and suopport very well on axle stands before venturing under.

The pipes are conventional although special LHM proof ones but the 11mm hydraulic union where they meet the rigid pipe can sometimes be a bit tricky and tight.

A normal 11mm flare nut spanner is often not up to the job so try to get an 11mm crowfoot thta you can attach to a bar to allow more controlled torque to be applied to the job.

There was a thread about just this not so long ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Good result with the rest of the MOT :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

Xantia mot advisories

Post by froggy »

Thanks Jim, I look forward to tackling it .
cheers Terry
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Here's the thread I was speaking of Terry...

It might help in the execution of the job...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Have just done this myself!

Only useful comment refers to bleeding; make sure the ring spanner is correctly positioned on the bleeder before commencement. If it's half-cocked I discovered it will come off just when you want to nip the thing up! What a mess that made...

FWIW I fitted Goodridge lines and recycled the rubber grommets (slice longitudonally, use small cable ties either end to reattach) plus overlying spring.