alarm fob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dave2011

alarm fob

Post by dave2011 »

hi guys. :) ive got a p reg citroen synergie which did,nt come with a remote fob for the central locking and was wanting to fit a after market alarm to unlock the car with. does anyone know the colour codes for the lock and unlock wires in the door? ive been to my local locksmiths that code keys/reprogramme fobs ect ect n he said id have to go to the dealer ship n was looking at paying about 150 quid for a fob. :shock: :shock: :shock: any ideas? :wink: cheers guys. :D
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Does the Synergie of that age use an infra red original fob like the Xantia?
If so I'd imagine you can train any replacement fob to work with the car quite easily.
Might be an easier and cheaper alternative?
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers xac. :) had a rover 214 before that had a aftermarket fob but it worked......cost me 95 quid for the pleasure though. :shock: think its infared........ :? its got a black ball sensor thing near the rear view mirror.im guessing this is the reciever. 8-)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Yup that'll be IR.
See if you can track down some suitable keys. I was thinking you can go for the internals from any IR synergie keyset, and I'm sure there are sites which either do just the blank blade to be cut, or the entire case and blank blade for not a lot of dosh.

DIY sphere tool
khand
My Cars:

Post by khand »

On a P reg it's probably IR. Be aware that at the change to RF the roof console retained the black dome, but there aren't any workings behind it.
(Leastways, mines RF, but has a dummy black dome dec '98, RP 08020)

regards

Kevin
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers guys. :) i replaced the bulb in one of the interior lights and when i had it apart i noticed that behind the black dome there was 3.......i think maybe 4 black square sensor things if that tells you anything? ir or rf? there is another shop close to me that sorted the rover fob out for me........ :) that was needed as the imobilizer had gone tits up so it wouldnt start.im gunna give them a ring n see if they can help. 8-)
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Definitely IR, so if you can get a new plip it should be easy to pair with the car.
For the Xantia, if memory serves, you put one key in the ignition and turn it either to the 1st or 2nd click, then point the IR plip (so if you just have one key you just remove the board inside and do it with that) at the black dome and rapidly press the lock/unlock button for 10 seconds or so.

So unless someone more experienced with Synergies comes along and says it's not possible, I'd try getting hold of a 2nd hand key and a blank blade to be cut and give that a go.

DIY sphere tool
dave2011

Post by dave2011 »

cheers xac. :wink: i did see i synergie fob on ebay once but never seen anymore.i thought that once its programmed to a car you needed a laptop n software to tally up a allready programmed fob.all over my head lol.i,ll have a look on ebay to see if i can find a fob. :D cheers again. :wink:
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Try breakers yards too, I'd imagine 806/Despatch/Expert from the same year and before would use the same system, but I'm not certain.
Also check with your local key cutters to see if they can get replacement blades made up.

DIY sphere tool