WARNING-Changes to Citroen Service. Panic Over!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

handyman
My Cars:

WARNING-Changes to Citroen Service. Panic Over!

Post by handyman »

I have just logged on to Citroen Service site, as an independent operator, as normal, to check on some part numbers.

However, Citroen has now withdrawn much of the information it had held on this site for older models. Parts listings for Xantias, even the later Mk2s are now down to sundry parts and fastenings, with many of the components that are valid for later models only showing on the schematic diagrams, with no parts numbers or detail references shown.

Even a cross check through the parts indentification system comes up with blank listings.

The contact point on the site, to contact Citroen UK is also just a useless circular argument.

I shall try and contact Citroen UK to see what is afoot and to see if this information can be retrieved elsewhere.

Does anybody else have the same problems with Citroen Service?

Handyman
Last edited by handyman on 12 Jun 2011, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

It seems to be still working for me, I can still see detailled parts listings for a Xantia V6 Mk1
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I think they've buggered it unintentionally.

ServiceBox still works filtering by VIN and having all available characteristics. In fact, I noted with pleasure today that the search by item name was working again!

However filtering on SC is non-functional. HM, what's your version of PeugeotServeIceBlocks doing now - OK or not OK?
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Yes, Addo, panic over, it all seems to be up and running correctly again, as I have just tapped in the part numbers I needed to order and they have come up with availablity and price. Phew!

It just reminded me of the upgrades (?) they did last time when all the older vehicles got wiped off the older versions of Citroen Service and left me with a large pile of NOS CX, BX, ZX and XM parts to sort through without any references.

I am assuming this minor glitch was a system upgrade, as who in their right mind places orders for parts early on a Sunday morning. :roll:

I might just download some of the many pages onto disc, so I have at least some semblance of a reference point to stuff Activa and V6.

H
kenhall1202
My Cars: '05 C4 2.0HDI Exclusive
'07 Lexus RX400h
Past:
'73 GS 1220 Club Estate (a good intro to hydraulics and rust)
'74 DS D Super 5 (Superb comfort and even more rust)
'?? Dyane (fun + rust)
'?? CX 2400 GTI (served me well)
'89 CX Safari 2.5 DTR turbo (aka "the hearse" an excellent family load lugger)
'97 XM 2.1TD (Reliable and economical)

Post by kenhall1202 »

I might just download some of the many pages onto disc, so I have at least some semblance of a reference point to stuff Activa and V6.
The alternative is to buy an up to date copy of the back up DVD that is issued to dealers - I find mine useful because you can access the repair info for free, although it is not so good for older models eg my XM. There are usually a few offerings on ebay.
Ken Hall
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

kenhall1202 wrote:
The alternative is to buy an up to date copy of the back up DVD that is issued to dealers - I find mine useful because you can access the repair info for free, although it is not so good for older models eg my XM. There are usually a few offerings on ebay.
Is there an honest copy of that available to owners or are they all counterfeit? G.
sifaan
(Donor 2020)

Post by sifaan »

Gibbo2286 wrote: Is there an honest copy of that available to owners or are they all counterfeit? G.
they are pirate copies.

you can even download it - the servicebox and SEDRE (wiring diagrams) of Nov 2010 are about 15 GB. Then you either need to ask nicely at places where they generate keys for a code, or you need to fool the software (by changing the MAC address of the device used for internet connectivity - e.g. network card, wifi adapter).

Software is designed for Windows XP, but I'm doing OK with Windows 7 by running it inside a VirtualBox (which requires that you also have an installation copy of Windows XP), or if you have a version of Windows 7 that supports "XP Mode" then it works inside that as well.