C5 undertray fixings.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

C5 undertray fixings.

Post by boristhespie »

My undertray was held up with bolts fixing into metal moveable thingies. Alas fell off on the rlad barr one. Thing is the replavements look like flat push ins which I can't see working.
What are the fixings I should use?
C'est pas possible!
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

The original fixings are the push in pin type things. Turn them one way and they fix (kind of) and another they will come out.

All too often after I have had them off I hear a pinging down the underside of the car as one pin falls out.

I have since bolted them in on the 110 C5, I take it off every 6 months to do an oil change so they dont have time to rust in. The under tray is much more secure this way.

Luckily the facelift C5 under trays are made of sterner stuff.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

What size/type of bolts do you recommend and what do they fix to?
C'est pas possible!
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

My tray has four bolts of 6 mm with 10 mm hex heads but there’s no sign of them in Citroen’s list.
The push pins are meant to be pushed in as they go in and not turned to lock them because turning them unlocks them.
You can feel and hear them click into place with a firm upward push with a short, wide screwdriver.

The pin is item 10, part 7030 16.
The catch is item 11, part 7030 18.

Simplest is to use the existing holes with nylon wall anchors and washers.

Image Image
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I believe the original type are known as Oddie fasteners.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Citroenmad wrote:The original fixings are the push in pin type things. Turn them one way and they fix (kind of) and another they will come out.

All too often after I have had them off I hear a pinging down the underside of the car as one pin falls out.

I have since bolted them in on the 110 C5, I take it off every 6 months to do an oil change so they dont have time to rust in. The under tray is much more secure this way.

Luckily the facelift C5 under trays are made of sterner stuff.
Mine's a facelifted car and it doesn't have its original undertry. When I bought it, the undertray had a large address label (Citroen main dealer's address) still on it. The undertray that is fitted is not the correct one for the car, the plastic around it has been modified (holes cut into it badly) but it has a hook on the front edge of it which hooks onto the bottom of the radiator which secures it pretty well. If you look on service.citroen you can see there are two different types of undertray, one with this "hook" and one without.