Xantia VSX 2.1 question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Xantia VSX 2.1 question

Post by Spaces »

Which bits are worth saving from my Xantia when I send it to the crusher next month? It's a 115k mile late S1 2.1TD with leather and hydractive (smart, good car, runs very well) but it needs an exhaust section and front pads and discs. Additionally it has an Epic ip which sometimes won't idle properly. Yes, I know the Bosch pumps and injectors can be substituted from a 1.9 and the other jobs are trivial, but sadly I haven't the time or inclination.

I'm thinking seats, alloys and hydractive ecu. Anyone want anything else? Or does someone want the whole car (out of tax and test end of June) for £300?
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Seems a bit of a waste of a good car for those few things needing sorting..

Why not try a proper AD, shes has a nice spec, sounds a bit of a bargain at £300 quid... and yes Im very tempted myself.. but when in next month does she need to be gone by??

Oh and where exactly is she?

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenxm wrote:Seems a bit of a waste of a good car for those few things needing sorting..
I agree, offer her as a going concern initially...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Spaces
Location: Rarely in one place for too long - Hebridean Islands and Yorkshire are my favourites
My Cars:

Post by Spaces »

OK - offered. I'll post an ad.
PeterN: "Honest John's forum put the last nail in the coffin of owning a 2000- car. Many were still servicable, but CR, DMFs and needing fault codes read because your horn doesn't work - no thanks. All my life I have generally understood cars - until now."