Xantia windscreen

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

imperial21
My Cars:

Xantia windscreen

Post by imperial21 »

Hi
Is there more than 1 sort of screen fitted to the mk2 xantia ? I have finally found a secondhand screen from an LX spec car does that have auto wipers ? If not does it cause me any problems ? I think i read on here that i can cover the sensor over and it will give me intermittent wipers ?
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!
mongoose100
My Cars:

Post by mongoose100 »

If the sensor is unable to get a reflection back (ie, covered), it will default to intermittant. However, it'll be a standard delay, not one that you can adjust - if that makes sense?

I have just had the wrong screen fitted to mine (genuine one on way thankfully) and I've had the wipers do some pretty weird things in the past week. They've put a tint band thru the top of screen, sensor doesn't like it at all.

Wipers have refused to turn off once or twice and that became annoying REALLY quickly!
Regan.

2001 Citroën C5 V6
1994 Citroën Xantia 1.9TD
imperial21
My Cars:

Post by imperial21 »

New screen finally installed ! I am now £100 poorer but now dont have a crack about 1 1/2 foot long !
I have put the rain sensor back inside the mirror housing and all seems ok, It now has an intermittent wash wipe which maybe be better than the auto any way ! We will see how it goes !
Quick question did LX cars have tinited glass as i thinkthis screen is nt as dark as my old one.
1999 Xantia exclusive 110BHP !! Now RIP !!
2002 C5 estate 110 hdi, Happily sold on !!!