C5 Steering Wheel on Xantia?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

C5 Steering Wheel on Xantia?

Post by addo »

Just A-B'ing my car and a C5 wagon today in the course of some Lexiation, it seemed the steering wheels looked and felt remarkably similar.

This could be my solution for the daggy grey one, covering of which is getting a bit soft and "twisty" on the rim steel, as a similarly plain leather bound unit is on some facelift C5s.

Any thoughts on this?

And... If they are compatible - guess what? That should mean that a Series 1 XM wheel fits on the C5 column! :shock: Retro à gogo.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

If it does fit on, then airbags would be a thing to check if they are suitable, as they are designed for each car. I doubt an insurance company would be too impressed with taking out the airbag to fit a S1 XM wheel :lol:

One thing I dislike about the C5s is the steering finish on the higher trim levels, its supposed to be leather, though its not, more like leather look. Over time it goes funny, it shuffles up and makes the steering wheel bobbly and sticky when in hot weather. I have seen high mileage cars with good wheels on and low mileages ones with awful finishes. Some people have said if touching the wheel with fuel on your hands of moisturiser then this runins the finish.

I have a spare wheel in the garage from a more basic C5 which doesnt have the leather effect, incase mine turns out like that. So far its perfect though.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

The steering wheel on my C5 Exclusive was awful, really sticky and grotty. I laced a leather sleeve over it in the end. This seems to be a common problem on various cars.

Steve.
not applicable